How Hippofeet Soft Leather Baby Shoes came to be
.In 2009, my husband and I were looking at creating a family so we brought a pair of baby shoes in hope that it would give us luck. We purchased a lovely pair of tiny shoes which we were very impressed with. The key points of the shoe which we liked so much and which set them apart from other baby shoes were:
- Made of soft leather
- Very soft, suede non slip soles
- Good price
- Beautiful Design
- Nice stitching detail
- Choice of colours
We began discussing the idea of selling these shoes ourselves as we were so in love with their cuteness. We looked into opening an online store selling baby shoes by the name “Small Shoes”. We needed more funding than we had so we waited. Our twins were conceived and born in 2012 and all of a sudden we needed baby shoes! Initially we looked at pretty pink baby girl shoes because we thought we were having girls but once it was clear we were having boys we changed our search for cars, trains and teddy bears. This was when the business idea began to resurface. When looking through google in 2013 we came upon an article in the Chicago Tribune
by By Alexia Elejalde-Ruiz
which explained the need for soft soles in developing feet (this is the article from which our quote from the podiatrist Dr Jane Anderson
arose. In the meantime my husband had been working in computer engineering for a few years and I was enjoying raising the twins. However this article gave us pause for thought and we knew surely there was a need to provide this type of shoe. By 2016 it was time for school, and we had a bit of time and to think over our dream of opening our baby shoe business. In 2016, we we decided to go for it and with all of our savings we launched HippoFeet.
Our aim is to sell good quality soft leather shoes for baby girls and baby boys that make you smile. We hope you enjoy shopping with us, we will not be able to do this without the support of our customers, so thank you!
Baby Shoe Size Chart
Measuring Baby Feet
It is important to choose the right shoe size when purchasing our soft leather baby shoes for your child’s feet to grow healthily and happily.
Please note: We are not able to provide free returns due to size of a pair which have been purchased as the size indicator is a guide. Please use the measurement guide and chart below to determine the size you need for your baby before making a purchase.
To measure your little one's feet this is what HippoFeet recommend:
- You will need a piece of paper, a pencil and a ruler.
- Place the feet of your little one on a piece of paper and draw around their feet with a pencil. It is best to repeat the process for both feet to get an accurate measurement. The bigger foot will decide the final measurement.
- Measure the foot from the heel to the highest point of their toe. Make sure the heel is perfectly aligned on the paper and the toes are perfectly flat. This will indicate your foot length. When choosing the bigger foot for the final measurement, we recommend including an extra 1cm for growth space. You will also need to take into consideration the measurements if your child is wearing socks and also for their foot to stand freely.
- If you need support do message us via email@example.com. We are happy to help if you need further support in choosing the right size. Below are some key points to think about when purchasing baby shoes
- Safe Materials - must pass standard BS EN71-3
- Soft and breathable leather baby shoes
- Soft soled
sign up for news and offers!
GIVE YOUR INBOX A TREAT
We love to send exclusive offers and cute surprises
Sign up below to subscribe.